My Lipstick Picks

Hi everyone! I hope you have all had wonderful Wednesdays. Today I want to talk about something very dear to my heart (and I am sure to many other women in the world): LIPSTICK.
Whenever I walk into any kind of cosmetic store, I am always drawn to the sections that have colorful lipsticks. Because I have a major sweet tooth, I always compare it to being in a candy store... so many delicious colors to choose from!

Here are my top lipstick picks for 2013.  Let me know what yours are!

From Left To Right: 
1. YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Candy Apple: If you have read any of my previous posts, I'm sure this looks familiar to you. This is honestly one of the smoothest, most moisturizing lipsticks I have ever tried. It gives you a strong color that still moisturizes. 
Cons: Because it is more glossy and sheer, it does not stay all day long and I would not recommend putting it on right before a meal or drinking a glass of wine. 

2. Christian Dior Rouge Dior (775 Darling): This lipstick is also super moisturizing, but much more matte that YSL Sheer Candy. I love this color because it is red, but not a super intense red. It is a great compromise for those of you who (like me) have not ventured into the realm of chili pepper red lips, but still want a punch of strong color that lasts ALL day long. 
Cons: None, I only wish the tube was bigger!!

Wearing Sephora Number 12
3. Sephora Number 12 (2171 A): I apologize that this one does not have a fun name or bottle, but I have to say this is honestly one of the best lipsticks out there. The entire line is absolutely incredible and well priced.  This matte lipstick stays on all day, even through big meals. My boyfriend recently took me on a date where we ate a huge steak dinner and drank red wine... it stayed on the entire meal and all night long! He also complimented how nice it looked ;)                                                      Cons: Because it is matte, if your lips are really dry I would not recommend putting this on as it will only accentuate any cracks you may have.
4. Illamsqua Immodest: Purchase this color/ brand if you want your lipstick to last all day. I wore this color every day (whoops) over the summer while I was working in NYC and it stayed all day long without reapplying-- if you know anything about NYC in the summer you will understand how hot it gets there. The color is also very vibrant and looks good with anything. 
Cons: Under NO circumstances should you ever wear this lipstick unless your lips are lusciously smooth. I tried to force it some days when I was particularly chapped- the result is not pretty. At all. It is extremely matte and gives absolutely no moisture. 

5. Christian Dior Lip Glow: This is my everyday pick as it provides just enough color and gloss to amp up any look. It is definitley subtle, but I guarantee you once you try it you will be hooked. I see it as Chapstick for stylish adults!
Cons: There is not a lot of color in it as it just amps up the existing color of your lips. If you are looking for a dramatic impact, this is not for you.

6. Sarah Happ The Lip Slip: This is technically a lip balm and not a lipstick, but it is worth mentioning anyway. This balm is so rich and moisturizing while somehow still managing to feel light. I swipe some of this on when I am running errands or even working out. I even wear it to sleep! I highly recommend if you live somewhere cold, don't like lipstick, or are prone to chapped lips. 
Cons: Its not a lipstick so its hard to compare to the others... 
Shout out to my mom for discovering Sarah Happ and all her luscious goodies!


So, can you guess which one my favorite is?? I love all of these, but the best is Christian Dior's Rouge Dior.  The pinky-red shade goes on so smoothly, lasts forever, and never lets me down!

!!!!!!THE WINNER!!!!!!

Let me know what you think!
xo, 
Grace

PS:  I don't have it right now because I left it behind on a recent trip to my parents house, but Josie Maran's Fuchsia Frolic is absolutely incredible! My boyfriend's mom introduced it to me and I'm hooked, it has argon oil in it which is super hydrating but also gives good color coverage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//