The Liebster Award

Yesterday I had the beautiful surprise of learning that Emily from Novellette nominated me for the Liebster Award. Novellette is an incredible blog that I, as a fellow literature, style, film, and travel lover have loved following she basically covers it all!! Thank you so much for the nomination, I am so appreciative
Even though I am fairly new to the world of blogging, to me, the most rewarding aspect of it is the ability to connect with amazing people all over the world. This award is a wonderful reminder for me that blogging the perfect opportunity to create community, be inspired by others, spread love, and pay it forward! 

The rules of the award are: 
1. The nominee has to answer the 11 questions posed by their nominator.
2. The nominee has to nominate 11 other people.
3. And then, the nominee must write 11 questions of their own.

My answers to Novellette's questions:
1. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Viggo Mortensen or Chris Hemsworth because both seem like great people in their private lives.

2. If you could learn another language, what language would it be?
Definitely Italian.  I love everything about Italy the food, the culture, the beauty of it all. I took it for a few years in college but could really use a refresher!

3. Who’s your favourite author?
J.K Rowling.  Her writing was very much a part of shaping me into who I am today, and every time I re-read the Harry Potter series I take something new away from it. I can't imagine growing up without her! I also love Gillian Flynn and will read anything she writes.

4. Besides blogging, what’s one of your favourite hobbies?
I love to paint and create art in general. It is something that has always been a big part of my life. 

5. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pasta! no question. 

6. What or who made you start blogging and why do you do it?
I spent last summer working and living in New York City, and I documented my experience in a blog I updated daily. It was basically only for my family and friends, but I loved writing it so much that I decided it was something I wanted to continue doing more seriously.  I continue to do it because I get to connect with incredible people and I love having the opportunity to express myself.  As an artist, it has always been essential for me to have an outlet for my creativity and passion… blogging is a wonderful channel for exactly that!

7. If you could play a character in a movie, who would you play?
This is such a great question! I would love for there to be a film about artist Helen Frankenthaler and I think it would be really fun to play her and get to dive into the art scene in 1950-60's NYC. 

8. Fantasy or sci-fi?
Fantasy.

9. What’s your favourite Shakespearean play and why?
Hamlet because his tragic flaw is his inability to decide and act. I can relate to that as I, too, can be indecisive and it sometimes leads to negative consequences. 

10. You’re stuck on a deserted island and can only bring one movie or TV series, what do you bring?
Everybody Loves Raymond. It is my favorite TV show and would remind me of my loved ones when I would presumably be very lonely alone on an island! Plus, it has 9 seasons, so there is a lot of material to pass the time with!!

11. If you got the opportunity to do blogging as your full-time career, would you take it?Absolutely! 

My Nominees: Check out each of these blogs! They are all great!

1. Annie Lynn's Favorite Things
2. Dolce and Gabriella 
3. Dahj by Daynne D.
4. WTF Is The New Black 
5. Chic in Academia
6. The Garment Rack
7. Rompers and Room Service
8. My Tulletorial
9. San Francisco Bay Style
10. Style Journey
11. Ruffle Tuesday

My questions (if you choose to participate, no pressure at all!): 

1. If someone gave you unlimited funds right now to re-decorate your home or re-vamp your wardrobe, which would you choose?

2. What is the one fashion accessory you could never give up?

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?

4. What made you decide to start your blog and what is your favorite thing about blogging?

5. You're running late getting ready in the morning and have to decide between doing your hair or your makeup. Which do you decide to do?

6. Do you have one go-to beauty product you couldn't live without?

7. What is the fall fashion trend you are most looking forward to trying?  

8. Who is your style icon and why?

9. Where is your favorite place to shop when looking for fashion on a smaller budget?

10. Would you rather shop online or in an actual store?

11. Describe your style in one sentence: 

For those of you who respond I look forward to reading your responses! And a big thank you once again to Novellette! Have a wonderful Saturday!


xo, 
Grace



4 comments:

  1. Oh you're so sweet! I'm honored. I love Everybody Loves Raymond, too, and so glad I found an artsy blog friend :) filling out your q's on my blog now. Have a wonderful Saturday!

    Love, Gigi
    Dolce and Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo! Loved reading what you had to say. And you asked some pretty awesome questions! Life Size is so great I had forgotten it was a Disney Channel Movie… ha!
      xo,
      Grace

      Delete
  2. Thank you!! I loved reading your responses :) xo

    http://novellette.com/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete

//