Autism Awareness Month: Support Autism Speaks

Tonight's post is a bit out of the ordinary for me, but it regards something I am truly passionate about.

The entire month of April is Autism Awareness Month, a cause very near and dear to my heart.  If you do not know about the advocacy organization Autism Speaks, you should check them out and consider giving your time, money, talents, or anything else you may have to bringing awareness to Autism.  In 2013, it was released that 1 in every 50 children is diagnosed with Autism, up from 1 in 500 in just 1995.  
Let's work together to bring understanding, love, and hope to the amazing families and children who live with autism everyday.  Let's work together to wipe away ignorance.

Please consider donating directly to Autism Speaks, or reading through their website to learn more about autism and how you can make a difference.  Nordstrom is also selling a wonderfully scented candle by Nest that gives proceeds to Autism Speaks-- a great way to contribute!



I will be getting involved this month by wearing all blue one day a week, and committing to donate double the amount I spend on buying coffee this month directly to Autism Speaks.  I invite you all to join me in any way you can!!

xo, 
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

//