College Graduation Style!

Hi friends! So sorry I missed Monday's "Moving Monday" post, but I graduated from college that morning and had a very busy day celebrating with family and friends! It was a great experience and I am so thankful that my family came out to support me and share in the festivities.

Former New York Times editor Jill Abramson, who was fired only days before our commencement, was our graduation speaker.  I was unsure whether she would address the issue or not, as there has been some contrevorsy about her dismissal. She ended up facing it head on and framed her speech around resilience. I thought it was excellent and one of the best speeches I've heard.
If you want to read more about it, here you go: Jill Abramson at Wake Forest University 

I knew I wanted to wear white for the baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies, so I've been looking for white dresses for months now.  I had such a hard time and didn't end up finding anything new that I liked, so I ended up wearing two white dresses I already had.

For baccalaureate, I wore this Morning Dew Dress from Shabby Apple. My mom introduced me to Shabby Apple and it is one of my favorite places to online shop. It has a fun vintage feel, unique pieces, and excellent quality.
























I don't have any solo shots of me where you can really see the dress, but here I am with family and then on the right, a shot of the dress from the website.

For graduation, I wore the same dress my sister had worn two years earlier when she graduated from Duke.  The brand is Muse and we found it in a boutique in Charleston SC.  It was perfect because it was very comfortable to sit around in for the 4.5 hour ceremony, simple, and easy to move around in.   Plus, it made me really happy to know that my sister wore it too!

For shoes, I wore some of my favorites:  Elaine Turner Ariel Wedges. They were the perfect pop of pink, comfortable, and fabulous. 



Happy graduation to everyone else who graduated or is graduating this May/June! And THANK YOU to my family and friends who made this dream a reality for me! I love you!

xo, 
Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment

//