Bridal Shower Style!

Hello and happy Sunday! I hope that you have all had great weekends-- mine has been so amazing!
I flew back to my hometown, Charlotte NC, for my Bridal Shower and it was even more special than I expected. It was hosted by my soon-to-be aunt, and my fiancĂ©'s grandmother; they (along with  my future Mother in Law) were so thoughtful in every little detail and planned such a fabulous day, making me feel so honored and loved.

When I found out about the shower, I immediately started thinking  stressing out  about what I was going to wear. Initially, I really wanted to wear a dress in an off white or cream color, but had such a hard time finding one. I began to admit defeat on that mission, and instead became obsessed with trying to re-create an Olivia Palermo Wedding separates moment. After a few weeks of searching for the perfect cashmere sweater and flowy skirt, I had an epiphany that I was being a bit unreasonable… I am no Carolina Herrera!

So, literally the day before the shower, I found myself with my mom at the Kate Spade store in Houston (best Kate Spade store EVER by the way… it is massive) with only a few hours to try and create the perfect bridal shower look. Thankfully, my mom is my best shopping partner and extremely helpful picking out things and giving advice. I tried on a bunch of outfits, but ended up settling on classic a blush pink dress, berry and glitter heels, and green and pink earrings (loaned to me by my bridesmaid, Laura).

Dress: Kate Spade  Shoes: Kate Spade (not available online) Similar Here Earrings: Kate Spade Similar

I am obsessed with these shoes! I almost bought some nude pumps to go with the dress, but the second I put these on I knew that it was just meant to be. The glitter heel matches the color of the dress perfectly and I think it gave my outfit a bit of a happy surprise element.  They make me feel happy too, and to me that is the most important thing. 

So, I didn't end up in off-white but I love how my outfit turned out, and I felt very "me" and comfortable the entire day. 

Here are some iPhone shots of the shower taken by my future Mother in Law if you can see what a beautiful job the hosts did! I am so incredibly thankful for them and our guests… it is such an incredible thing to feel supported and loved. 








Have a great Sunday night!!
xo,
Grace

6 comments:

  1. This looks so, so lovely. Really wonderful. You look gorgeous, love the sweet dress and those awesome heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that! Have a great day :)
      xo,
      Grace

      Delete
  2. The decorations look so nice! I love your outfit and your hair always looks great!

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were!! Thank you so much Taylor!
      xo,
      Grace

      Delete
  3. Pretty pink dress! so cute :)!
    www.faraloo.com

    ReplyDelete

//