July 4th Cocktail Recipe!

Hi everyone and Happy Fourth Of July!! I am so proud to be an American and thankful everyday for the freedoms this country grants.  Thank you to everyone who has served in the armed forces to keep our country the safe and secure place that it is… forever grateful!

In honor of the USA's birthday, I crafted up a delicious and refreshing July 4th themed "cocktail" with items I already had in the fridge.  I used sparking cider for mine, but I am sure that it would be amazing with Champagne as well! I think that it turned out to be delicious!
Ingredients + Brands I used: 
Cranberry Juice (R.W. Knudsen Organic "Just Cranberry)- 1 cup
Sparkling Cider or you can sub for Champagne (Martinelli's Gold Medal Cider)- about 3.5 cups
Ginger Ale (Diet Canada Dry)- 1.5 cups
Fresh Blueberries - .5 cups
Fresh Strawberries - Sliced into halves, 1 cup
Fresh Lime Juice- 1 whole lime

Directions:
1. Combine Cranberry Juice, Sparkling Cider or Champagne, and Ginger Ale into a medium sized pitcher. Mix well.
2. Wash blueberries and add in a few at a time.
3. Wash strawberries and cut into halves (by keeping them in halves and not quarters, I find it adds more of a saturated flavor to the drink). Count the number of glasses you are using, and set aside that number of whole strawberries for garnish later.
4. Drop strawberries into pitcher a few at a time.
5. Slice lime into Halves and squeeze each half into the pitcher. 
6. With remaining whole strawberries, cut an X shaped slit onto the bottom of the berry and wedge onto the edge of glass. 

7. ENJOY! 

I love how fruity and crisp it turned out and will definitely be making this easy and tasty summer drink again.  Let me know what you think if you make these, or if you have any other fun summer drink recipes to share-- Happy 4th!

xo, 
Grace

**All serve-ware and accessories featured are from Target, except for the coasters from Anthropologie**

No comments:

Post a Comment

//