Work of the Week and More Liebster Award Love!

As you read this, I am driving up the east coast to meet my mom in Charleston, SC for the week! I am SO excited about spending time with her in one of my favorite places in the world.  Stay tuned this week for some extra special Charleston fun!

Otherwise, welcome back to a new Work of the Week (with an additional surprise at the end)! This week, I wanted to do something similar to last week and feature another living artist. French painter Claire Basler is one of my all time favorites. She has been painting since the 1980s, and her work could not be more different than the experimental abstraction of the 1980s urban art scene.  Instead, she turned to nature, drawing inspiration from the organic.

I love this quote from her:

The observation of nature brings me the ability to listen and to be open. I am but a link for the transmission of its vitality, its force, its gentleness, its violence, its sensuality.
Its wealth is an inexhaustible source ; its tenacity is a teaching ; its beauty is an emotion that finds itself every day renewed.

                                                                                                                                                Claire Basler

Photo: Remodelista (be sure to check out their post on her studio!)

She paints, draws. creates textiles, and murals. For more, check out her beautiful website! All her works are absolutely enchanting.
Paintings (in her home)

Secondly, I was nominated by the lovely Matilda from Matilda Elizabeth for a Liebster Award. Thank you so much for the nomination Matilda! It is much appreciated :) Head over to her blog, its beautiful!
Because I have already gotten a nomination from Novelette, and have previously posted my 11 questions (see post here and I will include them below), I am going to just answer Matilda's questions this time around! She asked some good ones!!

Matilda's 11 Questions for me :)
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Definitely getting to connect with a diverse group of talented, amazing people who I otherwise would never have the opportunity to interact with! 

2. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope, none! 

3. Shimmery or matte eyeshadow?
Depends on my mood/the occasion, but usually I'd go matte. 

4. What is your go-to hairstyle?
I have thick, long, wavy hair, so I think it looks best and is easiest to style when I wear it down and in loose curls. My favorite thing to do is let it mostly air dry and then add some more defined curls with my flat iron (I'm hopeless with a curling iron and think that my thin flat iron works better for curls anyway!).

5. Do you have any pets?
YES! And I love them SO much. I have two boxer dogs, Henry and Bella. They currently live with my parents but I am trying so hard to get them moved here to be with me full time! I miss them everyday.

6. Where would you love to visit, and why?
There are so many places that I would like to travel, but in terms of doing touristy things on an active vacation, I think I have to say Paris. I feel like its a place I need to see during my lifetime and I would love visiting the museums there. Plus, I've always wanted to go to Versailles. 

7. What is your dream job?
This is a great question! As soon as I started thinking about it, my mind started going in a million different directions, so I'm going to go with what first popped in my head. My mom is from Guatemala and I spent a lot of time growing up there. My dream job would be working for or starting some kind of Non-Profit that helps artists and craftsmen there, sharing the incredible culture and artistry of Guatemala with the world. 

8. Who inspires you?
My mom and dad.

9. What is your pet hate?
When people crinkle or rub newspapers it drives me crazy. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

10. Do you have a favourite dessert?
Cake or Cupcakes! I love frosting!

11. What is your favourite book?
The Harry Potter Series… nothing can beat it for me!

Thanks for the great questions Matilda!

I nominate anyone who reads this and who wants to participate!! I'd love to hear what your responses to my questions are! Be sure to let me know if you participate :)

Here are my questions for YOU:
1. If someone gave you unlimited funds right now to re-decorate your home or re-vamp your wardrobe, which would you choose?
2. What is the one fashion accessory you could never give up?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
4. What made you decide to start your blog and what is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. You're running late getting ready in the morning and have to decide between doing your hair or your makeup. Which do you decide to do?
6. Do you have one go-to beauty product you couldn't live without?
7. What is the fall fashion trend you are most looking forward to trying?  
8. Who is your style icon and why?
9. Where is your favorite place to shop when looking for fashion on a smaller budget?
10. Would you rather shop online or in an actual store?
11. Describe your style in one sentence: 

(to see my original post on this and the rules, click here)

I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a great weekend!!
xo,
Grace







3 comments:

  1. Love the florals. This is such pretty work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! I am so happy you enjoyed.
    xo,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire's artwork is amazing! Enjoy your visit with your mother! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

//