Work of the Week: Artist Spotlight on Judith Geher

Welcome back to another Work of the Week post! Today I wanted to do something different and focus on a living artist whose work I love: Judith Geher.   Geher is a Canadian architect who specializes in painting and drawing. The way that she combines the two mediums is something I find alluring and beautiful.  I am drawn to her "sketchy," loose painting style and use of bright colors.  I'm sure her background in architecture plays a key role in her use of line. 

Her work is mostly portraiture, but features more movement and vibrancy than any other portrait artist I have encountered, elevating the genre to a fresh, new place.

Here are some of my favorite works:

Courage, 2011
Spring Cloak, 2010
Lavender Runway, 2012
If you like her style, be sure to check out her website for more!

xo, 
Grace

4 comments:

  1. Grace! Just wow, seriously these are fantastic, right up my street - thank you for highlighting Judith Gehers work :-)

    Rxx

    www.peppermintdolly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed! I am a big fan of her work too! Hope you had a great weekend :)
      xo,
      Grace

      Delete
  2. I love these so much. I'd actually already pinned the middle one on Pinterest but I didn't know whom it was by! Do you know what the medium is? Maybe gouache?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too… the middle one is my favorite!! That's great you now know who the artist is. Its always frustrating to me when I find cool art I love on Pinterest and have no idea who made it!
      She works primarily in oil paints but the paint does look similar to effect of gouache. She also paints/draws on wood instead of canvas which I think is pretty cool!

      Delete

//